Follow Us On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheSeriousfitness
What is Metabolism?
Metabolism is the biochemical process by which the food you eat is broken down into energy that your body needs to function. This is just what metabolism is. There are a lot of things that can affect the metabolism of your body, ranging from your body composition to the food you eat. At a younger age, your muscle mass stores up energy, thereby preventing the addition of unnecessary weight. Nevertheless, as you get older, that muscle mass is loss and this gives way to more body fat. But don’t sweat it, here are 7 tips on how to boost metabolism.
1. Eat well – In order to lose weight, you’ll need to cut calories to lose weight. However, cutting too low might not be too good for your metabolism. When you eat less than what you actually need for the biological functioning of your body (around 1,200 calories for some women), it affects your body’s metabolism rate. And when such happens, your body begins to break down calorie-burning tissue for energy. You’ll need to eat well enough that you’re not hungry.
2. Always eat your breakfast – The importance of eating your breakfast every morning cannot be overemphasized. Breakfast is one of the most important aspect of a good metabolism diet, and should never be skipped if your weight of utmost concern to you. Maybe you don’t know this, but women who skip their breakfast are 4 ½ times likely to be overweight. No matter how busy your schedule is, try to eat something in the morning. If nothing else, try to grab a yogurt on your way out.
3. Drink tea or coffee – One Japanese study has it that a cup of tea can increase your metabolism rate by 12%. More still, many researchers have come to agree that the antioxidant catechins in tea or coffee can be an effective metabolism booster.
4. Use fiber to fight fat – Studies have shown that some fiber can help with your fat burn by as much as 30%. Same studies revealed that women who eat high fiber-content foods, don’t gain unnecessary weight over time. You should aim at eating at least 25g of fiber in a day. This can be easily gotten from eating about three servings of each vegetables and fruits.
5. Don’t forget protein – The human body needs protein in order to maintain lean muscle. Studies have shown that protein can rev post meal calorie burn by as much as 35%, so include protein in your everyday diet.
6. Drink enough water – According to some German researchers, drinking at least 6 cups of water everyday can increasing your resting metabolism by about 50 calories every day. This is just enough to shed 5 pounds of fat in a year.
7. Eat foods rich in iron – Iron-rich foods are essential for fast metabolism diet because they carry the oxygen that your body needs to burn off excess fat. Good sources of iron include beans, lean meats, fortified cereals, shellfish, and spinach.
Music: Sunday Breakfast – Deep-Blue-Music licensed from audiojungle https://goo.gl/K3skc7